You knew this was coming! What Bollywood thinks yesterday, India thinks today. Or something like that. So now that Dostana and the family-friendly Karan Johar machine has stated that it’s totally cool to accept homosexuality (they’re just like women, except they’re funny!), all everyone can talk about is how amazingly awesome it is to, like, know a gay person. To have them as friends even! Diamonds are so last year, honey.
Maybe I’m taking this the wrong way but… Why Indian Women Want a Gay Best Friend:
* With no sexual chemistry to interfere, the relationship is relaxed, open, communicative
* Are safe escorts for late-night parties, events, help in keeping predatory males away
* Love fashion, shopping, art shows, gossip-all things that bore husbands and boyfriends
* Sensitive to a woman’s emotional needs; offer support without being judgemental
* Unlike women friends who can be jealous, aren’t competitive or catty. Hence, can give honest advice on everything from what clothes to buy to how to cope with boyfriend problems.
Is it just me or do these Indian women sound like complete assholes?