Pretty please? There’s this Zeenat Aman song that’s been teasing my brain for the past few months and no matter what I do, I can’t bring it into focus. So I figured one of you movie mad people might know. Here’s what I know about it:
- It’s definitely Zeenat Aman.
- She’s on a train.
- She’s wearing a bottle green sari that keeps flying in the wind in that very sexy Zeenie way.
- She’s cavorting with someone – Rajesh Khanna? Dev Anand? Somebody who’s totally overshadowed by her sexiness. Not Amitabh Bachchan – on bales of hay being transported on the train.
- The song is about them running away from home, which fits because they’re in one of those goods wagons with no roof.
- It’s shot in daylight or maybe late afternoon, but definitely not night time.
- There’s a lot of making out (but of course).
And that’s it. I can’t remember a single lyric of the song or the tune or even her co-star much less the name of the movie. For all I know, this is a movie that I know very well and have seen a million times but I just can’t put the visuals in their proper context. I also think the song might have been composed by RD Burman with the male vocals by Kishore Kumar (yeah, that really narrows it down, doesn’t it?) – but as far as i can make out this is because I remember hearing it on a compilation album when I was a wee kiddie and I automatically assumed it was an RD-Kishore compilation for reasons I don’t understand. I guess that means this last may not be a clue at all. Sorry.
Any help in identifying this song and putting me out of my misery would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I want to say that NO! I did NOT confuse Rishi Kapoor and Padmini Kolhapuri with Zeenat Aman and her unknown hero, so please don’t tell me it’s O Kanchan. As it is, it keeps popping up in my head when I try to think of this song. Argh, make it stop! Momm-eeee!
Q: Who has the most awesome readers on her blog?
A: Me. 😳
It is indeed Hum dono do premi from Ajnabi, starring Zeenat Aman and Rajesh Khanna. Music by RD Burman, vocals by Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore Kumar. Zeenie wears a green blouse with a green-blue striped saree that flutters sexily in the wind on a train piled high with hay. There is a lot of making out.
Many thanks to Rada, Prasun, Ana, Silvara, Harini, Neha and Rads.