Yesterday The Piker tagged me – it’s called Eight Random Facts You Really Don’t Care to Know But Listen Anyway Beeyotch – no, it’s called “Eight Random Facts” and it’s pretty cute… especially when it’s up on someone else’s blog. Bonus points when it’s someone you actually like to read. So here’re the rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
4. If you fail to do this within eight hours, you will not reach Third Series or attain your most precious goals for at least two more lifetimes.
My sick headache yesterday pretty much guaranteed that that last rule would come bite me in the ass but I’ll do the tag anyhoo coz I’m lovely like that (shut up – I can hear you thinking unkind thoughts). So here goes:
1. I read a lot. How much is a lot? On average I read about 5 new books a week plus assorted magazines, comics and various web-related content. And yes, my eyesight is really poor. Anybody done Lasik? I’m thinking of having it done.
2. You know how kids watch certain movies over and over and over again? My childhood obsession was The Sound of Music. To this day nobody in my family can bear to watch it. Except me. I’d still watch it any day.
3. I take an inordinately loooooong time in the shower. It’s not like I do anything out of the ordinary in there (heh!) but man, I got to speed things up some.
4. I never bought clothes for myself until I turned 18 and went to college.
5. I talk in my sleep. Sometimes I’ll even answer questions… as long as you don’t mind answers in gibberish.
6. My mom and I share a nickname – in different languages.
7. I HATE curd. This is because when I was a toddler something called an itchworm (I believe its name says it all) crawled onto my ayah, which was pretty unfortunate. Even worse though, she was holding me and I think pretty soon I was bawling my head off – the only cure for the itch was to apparently dunk me in kilos of curd. I don’t know how much of this is an actual memory but I can still smell my mom and her sisters rubbing the yucky stuff all over me. Blech. These days I’ll tolerate it to be placed on the table and even use it in my cooking but I still hate looking at it, much less smelling it. And I’m not too fond of worms either.😡
8. Apart from Russell Peters, Eddie Izzard is my favorite comedian:
Ana gives a false alarm on Boney M
Tanay explains the excellent photos on his blog
Amit is a window shopper
Jawahara watches the Lifetime network
Kishore has a terrible memory