From the Kitchen at Blogpourri:
1. Choose firm cranberries
2. Clean (chop off any dry ends near the stems) and dry them completely. There should be no water because water tends to rot the berries and the pickle will get spoilt.
3. Chop the berries into halves
4. Add salt, red chilli powder (paprika) to taste.
5. Add a dash of turmeric powder
6. Add 1 tsp of roasted fenugreek powder (methi powder)
7. Heat sesame seed oil (for 250 gms cranberries, 50 gms oil), add powdered asafoetida and 1 tsp mustard seeds.
8. Wait for the oil mixture to cool and add to the cranberry mix.