Pretty please? There’s this Zeenat Aman song that’s been teasing my brain for the past few months and no matter what I do, I can’t bring it into focus. So I figured one of you movie mad people might know. Here’s what I know about it:
- It’s definitely Zeenat Aman.
- She’s on a train.
- She’s wearing a bottle green sari that keeps flying in the wind in that very sexy Zeenie way.
- She’s cavorting with someone – Rajesh Khanna? Dev Anand? Somebody who’s totally overshadowed by her sexiness. Not Amitabh Bachchan – on bales of hay being transported on the train.
- The song is about them running away from home, which fits because they’re in one of those goods wagons with no roof.
- It’s shot in daylight or maybe late afternoon, but definitely not night time.
- There’s a lot of making out (but of course).
And that’s it. I can’t remember a single lyric of the song or the tune or even her co-star much less the name of the movie. For all I know, this is a movie that I know very well and have seen a million times but I just can’t put the visuals in their proper context. I also think the song might have been composed by RD Burman with the male vocals by Kishore Kumar (yeah, that really narrows it down, doesn’t it?) – but as far as i can make out this is because I remember hearing it on a compilation album when I was a wee kiddie and I automatically assumed it was an RD-Kishore compilation for reasons I don’t understand. I guess that means this last may not be a clue at all. Sorry.
Any help in identifying this song and putting me out of my misery would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I want to say that NO! I did NOT confuse Rishi Kapoor and Padmini Kolhapuri with Zeenat Aman and her unknown hero, so please don’t tell me it’s O Kanchan. As it is, it keeps popping up in my head when I try to think of this song. Argh, make it stop! Momm-eeee!
Q: Who has the most awesome readers on her blog?
It is indeed Hum dono do premi from Ajnabi, starring Zeenat Aman and Rajesh Khanna. Music by RD Burman, vocals by Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore Kumar. Zeenie wears a green blouse with a green-blue striped saree that flutters sexily in the wind on a train piled high with hay. There is a lot of making out.
Many thanks to Rada, Prasun, Ana, Silvara, Harini, Neha and Rads.